The future belongs to pest managers who are innovative to face the changes in the pest management industry. This award recognises a pest control company or individual, for introducing a new and innovative project, initiative or activity that drives organisation change in the pest management industry. The framework of this prize can be based on a cultural, marketing or deployment innovation etc.
Innovation in Pest Management is an annual event run by AEPMA and sponsored by Bayer to promote the wider pest management industry.
- Promote the professionalism of the pest management industry to the public and other stakeholders;
- Highlight the professional pest management industry to the public;
- Grow the professional pest management industry; and
- Encourage learning and increased professionalism of the pest management industry.
Profiles projects, initiatives or activities within the Australian professional pest management industry that drive organisational change or external programs that improve the engagement or outcomes for communities and partners.
Pest management industry benefits from the Innovation in Pest Management Award, by bringing the attention of wider industry technology now available for use by the wider pest management industry.
2022 Entry Rules
How the Award Scheme Will Operate
In order to be eligible for the Award, an applicant must be a licensed and practising pest manager or pest management business in Australia.
Any pest management firm operating in Australia is eligible to enter regardless of AEPMA membership.
Current AEPMA Board members (Directors) are not eligible to enter any AEPMA competition or award if they are an owner, director, or part of the senior branch management team that is entering the competition or award.
Nomination and Application Process
Nominations can come from any firm within the urban and commercial pest management industry in Australia.
The Innovation in Pest Management Award seeks to recognise a pest control company or individual, for introducing a new and innovative project, initiative or activity that drives organisation change in the pest management industry. Applicants will be judged by their excellence in the following criteria:
- Innovation – Evidence of innovation through the introduction of a new method, project initiative or activity designed to improve on what is currently available in the pest management industry.
- Outstanding features which sets it apart from common practice
- Tangible benefits – eg social / economic
- Efforts in building a dynamic work environment
Applications must include:
- Completed application form and supporting documentation – submitted either online or offline via email – see below in “Submission of Entries
Submission of Entries
Entry forms should be completed by COB 20th May 2022 to the AEPMA National Office. The submission can be completed online or offline.
Enter via the link below, you will receive a confirmation email once you have registered your business and contact details. This email will contain an entry link, from which you will be able to view and edit your submission until it has been completed and submitted.
Innovation in Pest Management Award Nomination
To enter offline, please download the applicable submission form below. Once completed, please submit form and supporting documentation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Innovation in Pest Management Award Nomination Form
||– Nominations Open
|20th May 2022
||– Nominations Close
||– Winner Announced at Pesticon 2022
- The judging panel will consist of three members – one AEPMA member, one independent (Raja Mahendran) and one commercial industry sponsor.
- All entries will be judged together based on their written submissions.
- The overall winner of the Innovation in Pest Management will be the company with the highest score
The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Prizes and Presentation
Prizes and incentives may include the following:
- A prize determined each year by the Sponsors and AEPMA National Board.
Public Relations Program
Professional Pest Manager and other industry journals will be encouraged to cover the Pest Manager of the Year Award and to run articles encouraging nominations and applications. A Press Release will also be released nationally detailing the Award winner.
Feedback to Entrants
Feedback will be provided to entrants showing the highest score for each question, the average score per question and the entrant’s score. In this way, feedback is provided to entrants. All feedback is confidential to individual applicants.
AEPMA reserves the right to reject any nomination, entrant or applicant, unconditionally and without justification or recourse.